Ten Reasons to Bring Your Teen to Orthodontic Arts for Invisalign Treatment
1. Invisalign® treatment is a proven way to straighten teeth. Invisalign® clear aligners are a great option for teen and adult teeth straightening. After taking a digital scan or impression, Dr. David Birdwell will develop a treatment plan specific for your mouth. Using a series of custom-made, removable, and virtually invisible aligners your or your teens teeth will be straightened without braces on your teeth!
2. From simple to complex, Invisalign treatment is effective for a wide range of orthodontic cases. Your first concern as a parent is choosing a treatment that will give your teen their best smile. With the expertise of an orthodontist prescribing the correct type of movement, Invisalign clear aligners straighten teeth with the same highly predictable results we obtain with braces.
3. Invisalign treatment can now shape your teen’s smile faster. In some treatments, we find that Invisalign clear aligners straighten teeth even faster. And they are clear and removable, so you can see the progress in your or your teen’s smile every step of the way.
4. Invisalign treatment is a less painful way to straighten teeth. There are no brackets to rub or wires to break. There are no poking wires or broken brackets that sometimes can require extra visits.
5. Teens do wear their Invisalign aligners. Studies show teens wear their aligners the recommended 20 to 22 hours a day. Plus, Invisalign clear aligners have built-in compliance indicators, so you can be sure your teen is wearing the aligners. Replacement aligners are available should your teen misplace them. It's important that your teen attends their regular check-up appointments with Dr. Birdwell to monitor and adjust treatment progress.
6. Teens who wear Invisalign clear aligners are more confident. You want your teen to see what you’ve always seen: their potential. For some teens, aligners are the better choice. Active teens, involved in athletics, band and orchestra and theatre find that Invisalign allows an easier adjustment than traditional braces.
7. You could have fewer, shorter office visits and fewer emergency visits. Invisalign treatment can give you back family time. You’ll never have an emergency visit due to broken wires or brackets!
8. Your teen can keep living their life without interruption during Invisalign treatment. The aligners are virtually invisible and easily removable, so your teen can still enjoy school pictures, social events and all the foods they love. Plus, no brackets or wires means sports injuries are less likely. Your teen can even continue to brush and floss as usual for better oral health — and have less cavity-causing plaque than patients with braces.
9. Orthodontic insurance plans cover Invisalign treatment at the same reimbursement as other forms of treatment. In many situations, Invisalign treatment is the same cost as braces!
10. The Invisalign® Teen Guarantee gives you the confidence to choose Invisalign clear aligners for your teen. If you are not satisfied within the first six months of treatment, Orthodontic Arts can switch your teen to traditional braces at no extra cost. That is our promise to your family to provide the special attention your child deserves.
Data from a survey of 78 orthodontists (from NA, EMEA, APAC) experienced in treating teenagers (minimum of 40 cases, prior 8 months) with Invisalign clear aligners, regarding teenagers with permanent dentition; doctors were paid an honorarium for their time. Statistics were provided by Invisalign.com
2. When compared with clear aligners that are made of off-the-shelf, single layer .030-inch material.
3. With weekly aligner changes, compared with two-week aligner wear.
4. Based on “Effectiveness of a Compliance Indicator for Clear Aligners” study by Orhan C. Tuncay DMD, S. Jay Bowman DMD, Jonathan L. Nicozisis DMD, Brian D. Amy DDS. Data on file at Align Technology.
5. The Invisalign Teen Confidence Survey was conducted in 2014 and polled 3,577 U.S. teenagers ages 13–17 and 2,118 U.S. mothers of teens ages 13–17, plus an oversample of 101 mothers of teens ages 13–17 who
wear or have worn Invisalign clear aligners. The survey was conducted by Kelton, a leading global consumer insights and research firm.
6. Percentage of dental hygienists that primarily work in a practice offering the Invisalign® system who “agree” or “strongly agree” to the question “During Invisalign clear aligner treatment, most patients have less
plaque compared to patients undergoing fixed appliance treatment.“ (n=176).
7. Many dental insurance plans cover Invisalign treatment just as they would other orthodontic treatments. Ask your doctor about how to use your orthodontic insurance coverage to pay for Invisalign treatment.