Invisalign: Top Tips to Get Maximum Return
When you invest in costly braces to get maximum benefits, you should abide by certain rules to contribute to their longevity. This maintenance plays the most essential role in making your investment worth it.
Invisalign is the coolest braces option serving the purpose of aligning your overcrowded or crooked teeth, but without being visible. You can wear it anywhere, as the crystal-clear aligner will not be visible to anyone from a distance. Here are some maintenance tips you should follow to make it last longer and fulfill the purpose of wearing it.
- Cleaning should incorporate brushing and flossing both for your teeth and gums. You brush your teeth every day, but that’s not enough. You need to floss your teeth every day to remove all food particles from the gaps between your gums and teeth. Make sure you maintain this routine after getting invisalign in Midtown, OKC.
- After you get Invisalign in Midtown, you need to a follow a strict routine for the next 48 hours and not remove the aligner during this period. Immediately after getting Invisalign, it is recommended that you wear it throughout the day, except at the time of brushing.
- After that, wear this Invisalign aligner for at least 22 hours a day for the best results. The less time you wear it, the more time it will take to reshape your teeth.
- You should change out the aligner after a certain time to keep your treatment plan on track. Consult with your orthodontist and follow their instructions to change it.
- For the first few days, wearing the aligner may feel awkward, but it is not visible from a certain distance. The sensation is not painful, but you will obviously feel its presence. Wear it regularly to become accustomed to the sensation.
- It is important to clean your aligners regularly. You can use warm water and antibacterial soap to do this. The experts of Invisalign in Midtown recommend against the usage of toothpaste for cleaning your aligner.
- As long as you are wearing an aligner, maintain the suggested diet to keep it clean. It is a clear aligner, so the chances of it getting stained are high. Avoid caffeine and nicotine to prevent stains. Instead, drink of a lot of water to keep hydrated and to prevent the buildup of bacteria.
- Make sure your teeth are clean. Because it is a transparent brace, it will look bad if your teeth are not free of stains. We recommend using a whitening toothpaste for a brighter smile.
- Don’t miss your routine checkups.
Orthodontic Arts offer Invisalign in Midtown. Make an appointment with our orthodontists and straighten your teeth without any risk.