Most Common ‘Not to Worry about’ Side-Effect of Clear Aligners
Applying an aligner to your teeth and starting the journey of straightening teeth is a new experience. Hence, it is possible that you will gather both good and awkward experiences. The common awkward experiences may make you worry about the effectiveness of the aligners and you may want to stop wearing them. So that your new journey can go smooth, you need to be aware of the most common situations that happen when wearing clear aligners.
Here are some of the most common situations that could arise after you apply the aligners. Don’t worry; you will become accustomed to these situations automatically after few days.
- A mild pain is common from the clear aligners and the pain or soreness indicates that the aligners are working to straighten the teeth. Its gentle moves make your teeth move slowly and that can cause mild pain. Without this required pressure, the clear aligners would not serve their purpose.
- When you are changing your aligners and putting a new one on your teeth, you may have difficulty getting it to fit. This occurs because of the difference between the aligners and the teeth position. Sugar-free chewies help in this case to let the clear aligners sit properly.
- As the aligners make your teeth move from their current position to get a good shape, it is common to face an issue of loose teeth. After the completion of the treatment however, the looseness will go away.
- During the treatment, you may face changes in your bite. Your crooked teeth had an imperfect bite and that is why you decided to get your teeth straightened in the first place. Therefore, when you are undergoing treatment, there could be awkwardness with your bite as the teeth move.
- A dry mouth is another issue that can show up as you have to wear the clear aligners for 20 hours a day. You have to keep your mouth hydrated to avoid bacteria. Drink plenty of water and use lip balm for dry and chapped lips.
- As each new aligner gets inserted in your mouth, your body will take time to adjust to it. Initially, you may face a lisp. But sooner than you think, you will become accustomed to it and the problems will fade away.
Starting from the diagnosis to treatment and implementation of clear aligners, a professional will support you through any issues you may have. You should come to Orthodontic Arts and repair you crooked teeth to get a confident smile.