Ways to Prevent Bad Breath – Take Care of Your Invisible Braces
Do you feel ashamed while talking to others? Do your friends always keep a safe distance from you? If it is a common thing that happens to you due to your bad breath, you should fix it right now. There could be several reasons for bad breath including digestive issues or having bad oral health. Here we will discuss the ways to prevent it.
It could be seen that people wearing traditional or invisible braces do not follow proper hygiene and increasing plaque growth and bacteria build up inside the mouth. Here we will help you to reach optimum oral health if you follow these tips.
- Do not eat or drink anything while wearing your invisible braces. You can drink water of course, but stay away from packaged fruit juice, carbonated or sugary drinks, alcohol and other hot beverages. Hot beverages have severe ill-effects on plastic braces and sugary drinks are highly capable of growing bacteria. These bacteria eat all the carbs and leave enzymes and acids that are liable for teeth decay and weakening.
- Always brush your teeth after eating and do not forget to floss. If you wear your braces without following this rule, bacteria will start a party inside your mouth. Firstly it will cause bad breath and later grow oral issues.
- Do not forget to clean your invisible braces whenever you remove them. Wearing unclean braces is a strict NO-NO. You should always remove dried saliva and plaque from braces. Rinse it using cold water or carry a bottle of mouthwash with you everywhere.
- Most commercial toothpaste that is available on the market is abrasive. It can cause scratches and form tiny holes on the plastic aligners. Such holes and scratches are breeding heaven for bacteria. Therefore, you should also use toothbrushes that have soft bristles.
- Nicotine has grave effects on plastic aligners. If you repeatedly wear them and remove them to smoke or smoke while wearing them, you are making way for bad breath. Chemicals from a cigarette can also discolor aligners.
If you need to change your aligners or want to wear invisible braces, do not do this on your own. Rather you should have the right treatment and checkup. To get your pair of invisible braces, come to Orthodontic Arts. We will make sure when you smile, everyone will smile with you.
** Disclaimer: The above post is not intended to be medical advice or create a relationship between doctor and patient.